I document life with people and events true to form. I shoot documentary, street and portraiture. At heart, I’m an adventurer traveling around the world with camera in hand meeting people and learning about life. I’m passionate about faces and the stories they tell. I am Amit Karmakar – photographer from Sydney, Australia.
I was born and raised in India but moved to Sydney in my twenties. My hometown Dhanbad, lies in the northern hemisphere, roughly 23 degrees north of the equator. This is where my journey began. 23-NORTH is a homage to my roots.
CATWALK TO SIDEWALK
Group exhibition at contact sheet, 60 Atchison st, St Leonards, NSW 2065
June 29th, 2016 – July 2nd, 2016, Opening: 30th June 2016
curated by: Paul McDonald
- 2017 – my work has featured in Fuji X News, Eric Kim, Street Walkers Fuji rumors, Fujifilmx100f, Fujix100fabulous
- 2016 – my work was featured in Story of the Street, Fujifilm Australia, 53mm, Fujilove
COURSES & WORKSHOP
- Hanoi to Sapa Travel Street Photography Experience
- Sydney Street Photography workshop
- Melbourne Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard
- Sydney Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard
- Contact Sheet Mentorship program